Pohlen Partners is an accredited external provider of ability and personality profiling assessments, integrating a psychometric and practical approach for effective application in the workplace.
Our globally recognised tools provide meaningful, validated insights that contribute reliable information as an element of people evaluation strategies. Typical applications at work include:
- Internal and external hiring decisions
- Career management and transition
- Team dynamics and performance
- Individual development
Within a recruitment project, when combined with structured behavioural interviewing and reference checking, assessments offer an additional element of evaluation to help predict future job success.
They can provide:
- Insights on qualities challenging to assess by other methods while also overcoming issues of potential bias
- A reference tool for performance development once on board
- Indication of cultural alignment and potential for cultural ‘add’
- Evaluation of team fit
Consulting with clients on specific project needs, we select the tools most appropriate from our online platform options. The following are most common:
Cognitive Ability Assessments
Tests the ability to make correct decisions or inferences from numerical or statistical data.
Tests the ability to evaluate the logic of a range of information as presented in written form. .
Assesses the ability to drawn inferences and understand the relationships between new concepts, requires analysis of abstract information which is then applied to determine outcomes.
These explore work preferences, how individuals prefer to manage relationships with others, their approach to tasks and sources of energy and motivation.
They can be mapped across to reflect CQ, EQ, and AQ and highlight traits of design thinkers.
Assessment levels and comparison groups are selected relevant for the position and project.
Our attentive process and detailed briefing is designed to provide reassurance to individuals which also enhances participant engagement and our client’s employer reputation.
We offer a transparent, effective process with constructive feedback and reporting for clients and participants.
We acknowledge the tension experienced by individuals when requested to complete assessments and suggest preparing by:
- Gaining full details of all assessments to be completed and likely time requirement
- Practising on the specific platform or similar
- Ensuring a clear mind, suitable technology hardware and a quiet setting for completion
- Requesting feedback information
Frequently asked questions and practice assessments are available here
For more information on our psychometric assessments, to request a proposal or to discuss your specific project, please email Sue Leemans